Dr. Amirhassan Pouradib may recommend a night guard to help manage bruxism or a TMJ disorder. Night guards are a custom oral appliance designed to protect your teeth while you sleep so you can keep your smile healthy and in good condition. We invite you to call us at 415-479-1840 to schedule an appointment with our dentist and learn more about night guards in San Rafael, California.
Bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching, is a common dental problem and can occur at any time. However, it is much more common at night. Over time, bruxism can cause a wide range of problems for your oral health and smile, making it essential that you receive treatment as early as possible. We strongly recommend that you continue to visit the dentist regularly so that this condition can be diagnosed and treated promptly should it develop.
Some common signs of bruxism include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain and ear pain
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines, especially in the morning
- Waking with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Excessive tooth wear
- Chipped, flattened or cracked teeth
- Indentations on the sides of the tongue
- Worn down tooth enamel that expose the inner layers and roots of the teeth
- Increased tooth sensitivity
Night guards are custom oral appliances. They are designed to fit your smile perfectly and prevent your teeth from touching while you sleep. This prevents further damage from occurring. Once your bruxism is under control, our dentist will work with you to restore your teeth and oral health.
Contact us today for more information about night guards and schedule your consultation with our experienced dentist.